Elmec High Watt Density Cartridge Heaters are custom made and are used in various applications including heating Plastic Extruder machine Barrels, Dies, Mould, Compression Moulds, Rubber Moulding machines, Leather press, Printing and packaging industries. The high performance is achieved by correct installation of the cartridge heaters. The perfect fitness of the heater in the hole facilitates good heat exchange between the surfaces of heater and mass to be heated thus increases the heater life and reduces energy loss. We use high quality MgO coress, Nichrome resistance wires; MgOm powder .Outer sheath is available in SS 321,316, Inconel. Terminal leads are of FG insulated or Silicon or Teflon insulated and come with a standard length of 1000mm. Please specify while sending enquiry if you need longer terminal leads. We also supply different types of terminal exit.
Elmec High Watt density cartridge heaters are used by leading OEMs and Plastic, Rubber, Packaging, Printing, leather industries. We are supplying to Indian and overseas industries / markets.
Elmec developed High density heaters for applications as high as 650 deg cen temperature. These are used in thermocouple calibrators, high speed cutting of sheet belts, high speed sealing machines, lead melting & Zinc melting.
Do's and Don’ts:
- Please take care while fixing heaters and selecting watts check Volts rating of heaters before connection. Heater rated for particular volts should never be connected to higher volts rating.
- These heaters are rigid and heat transfer is by conduction from inside surface so perfect fixing and clamping is important.
- No foreign materials such as polymer, oil, water etc, should fall over the heaters. They should be well covered.
- Choose appropriate watts as per calculation. Under rated watts will result in heater failure.
- Never pull the heaters with terminal leads. Never use terminal leads for holding heaters.
- All heaters have a cold length of about 7mm at bottom side and 15mm at terminal side. Hot length of heaters must be inside th hole where the heater is fitted.
- Plastic processing machinery
- Hot runner mould
- Packaging machinery
- Dies & moulds
- Shoe machinery
- Labeling machineries and a lot of other applications.
- Food processing machinery
- Hot Stamping
- Heating gases and liquids.
- Sheathing material : SS 304 and SS 316
- Available with inbuilt Thermocouple 'J' or 'K'
- Maximum sheath temperature 800oC
- Rugged & durable construction
- Highly compacted construction improves heater life and reduces the effect of vibration and shock.
- Excellent heat transfer.
|Refer Operating temperature Vs Watt density graph to find max permissible clearance.|
- Fibre glass or Teflon wire crimped or welded to terminals
- Fibre glass wire with SS metal braiding
- Wires protected with SS or GI flexible conduits
- All wires are available in straight or right angle exit
- Drawing or sample required for special type terminals